Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Paint it, plant it!









A great crafting idea for parents to do with children of any age or just anyone with a green thumb is painting flower pots!



What you'll need!

Flower Pot(s)
Acrylic Paint(s)
Paint Brushes/Sponges
Stencils (if desired)
Flower or Veggie Seeds
Soil
Planting Shovel
Watering Can



My daughter, Elizabeth, and I started off by painting our pots. I painted mine white and made polka dots by tracing a toilet paper roll, and I helped Elizabeth paint hers two different colors, finished off by writting, "Elizabeth's Flower Garden". We also made one for her two grandmothers in hopes they'll bloom in time for Mother's Day. Then we took them outside and planted our flowers! I matched flower seeds with the color of paint so when they bloom the flowers will match the pots. I hope you take our idea and make it your own. It would be fun to plant a variety of fruits and veggies as well! Happy Earth Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment